Thursday, March 28, 2013

Taking a Blog by Force and Figuratively 'Packing Up'


Leads for OnPoint went pretty well this morning.  Last night I wrote a third article for the Rock Report.  I think it's pretty good so I hope they still wanted me to write it, given that I've had trouble doing things when I want/need to do them this week (due to personal/family issues).  I'm thinking about just writing the articles unprovoked and submitting them in an effort to take it (the blog) over for the remainder of my time here.  The one thing I worry about it voice/sensibility.  While everything else on the blog is solidly written, I noticed that I'm the only one writing punchlines and referencing Tom Waits so I wonder if anyone who stumbles upon the blog (from outside of Esente Music Group) will be able to tell  that there are different writers.  And if so, does it matter?  Probably not.  

With time here winding down, I'm trying to get a resume together that reflects the array of experience I've gotten here at Esente.  The first problem is 'where to begin?' but I suppose that should probably change depending on the job I'm applying for.  The second is where to end.  I wrote a draft of a resume a couple of weeks ago that turned out to be three pages and I'm still thinking of things I forgot to add.    I've never applied for a 'real' job before.  In the restaurant world, it's sometimes enough to make sure that you curse enough in the interview or if you now someone there, just walk into the kitchen and ask for a job.  Somehow I don't think that will fly in the world of young (in my case, sort of young) professionals.    

Travis Long
Esente Music Group
PR Intern

No comments:

Post a Comment