Monday, March 11, 2013

Halfway Done?


With my internship roughly halfway over, I started rewriting my resume last week to include my activities and experience here at Esente Music Group.  The new information took up almost an entire page.  I'm sure that given some time, I can figure out a way to make it more concise, but we have done so much hear that I am also sure that I will remember things I hadn't thought of or the value of seemingly mundane tasks will become apparent.  Although I might be a little on the elder side of the appropriate age to be working for free, I think this was not only a good decision, but a crucial one in my quest for a job that pays enough that I will finally owe money on my taxes.  Some members of my extended family were around this weekend and when I described the work and atmosphere of the internship they seemed impressed, a little bit scared, but mostly impressed.   

Today we did leads in the morning, as usual.  Not a lot of people could make it in today for one reason or another so I'm hoping that Intern-Valerie (who did all of the hardest work on the Becca Levy/RIght Now PSA video) and I will have a minute to talk about what the final product might look like.  Other than that, I assume we will continue work on our lists of local High School staff for Becca Levy's upcoming tour.  I am currently working on private schools in Gloucester, the staff information for which is not nearly as available as it is for public schools, but is expected to prove even more valuable.  I assume because private school tend to have money.  If they didn't, they'd be liberal arts colleges like mine.  

Travis Long
Esente Music Group
PR Intern    

No comments:

Post a Comment