Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Boiling Point

Today started off as usual, conducting more leads for OnPoint Media. I was looking for businesses classified under healthcare in Stoneham, MA. Both yesterday and today have been pretty good days for lead numbers. Yesterday I was able to accumulate 40 in total and today I was able to find 35. Still not as high as I would like, but I'm happy.

Last week we started looking for bands for One Night Stand. We came across a few problems in the execution at first. This week Amanda had come up with a different way for the interns to find these bands, and so far it has worked very well. Today I was looking for bands in and around Ann Arbor, Michigan. I was able to find a total of 87 bands. Ideally a handful of these bands will be interested in playing for One Night Stand.

It's very interesting to see how things are going to play out. We've been talking about this project for a while now, so it's exciting to see things fall into place in order to make One Night Stand a success.

In a meeting today, Ron mentioned a video called 212 degrees. He discussed how 210 degrees is essentially just hot water, but the 2 extra degrees (212) bring water to its boiling point. I believe he was trying to reiterate this idea toward a work ethic. These two degrees may seem insignificant, but it is essential in order to bring water to its boiling point. What I took from this was that these 2 degrees parallel honest efforts and hard work in the work place. What work may seem insignificant is ultimately a vital piece in the whole process. Instead of casting aside these 2 degrees, put a little more effort in to reach that peak performance.

Joe Wing
Salem State University '14
Esente Graphic Design Intern

No comments:

Post a Comment