Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Ghost Town

Today the atmosphere of the Esente office has been unlike most other days I have encountered since starting the internship. That's not to say the atmosphere today is crazy, it's just different from a typical day. Many of the interns were working in the conference room, so it almost seemed like a ghost town in the main office.

Becca Levy came up from Washington, D.C. to do some work with the company. Us interns finally had a chance to meet the young woman we have been eagerly working for. I didn't have a chance to stop and have a conversation with Becca, but I was introduced to her before she was whisked away to work on a PR video.

I started my day just as I would any other day in the office with Internet research for OnPoint Media. I began finishing up a target-list for various businesses in Boston and then I moved onto the "real estate" list for businesses in Lowell, MA. Today was much more productive, in terms of leads. Today I was able to cumulatively find 40 between the two lists in Boston and Lowell. It's a great feeling when you are able to compile more than a handful!

After I finished the Internet research for potential clientele, I moved onto the list for cities/towns throughout Essex county. I had previously finished collecting the names of contacts for middle and high school faculty for two of the towns, but still had to collect more for West Newbury. This list is growing at an extremely fast rate, considering there are hundreds of contacts being put into the spreadsheet.

Some of the graphic design interns had the opportunity to work on the video that Becca came to film. I wasn't one of them, but I did have the opportunity to see the behind the scenes of the video shoot. I'm not entirely sure what the content of the video is about, but from what I saw it seems to be almost like a public service announcement, concerning Becca's anti-bullying campaign. It was interesting to witness some behind the scenes of the entertainment business. I give her lots of credit for being able to perform and speak in front of a camera. I can't say I would be able to do the same.

Joe Wing
Salem State University '14
Esente Graphic Design Intern

No comments:

Post a Comment