Thursday, March 14, 2013

End of Week Esente Internship Update


Leads for OnPoint Media went a lot better today than it had been.  Even the enigmatic "Other Business Services" turned out to be pretty fruitful.  The only hard thing about collecting leads is when you get a category that's giving you nothing and you're basically just clicking and scrolling for hours, which can get depressing.      

I just about finished my list of local High School (etc.) contacts for Becca Levy's upcoming tour.  I'll be asking for a new set of towns at some point this afternoon, but I've been having a really hard time finding content information for police and fire dept unions.  I was sort of hoping not to find any, but stumbled upon at least three, just before I was ready to give up.  At first it was frustrating because I wan't sure why they wouldn't make the information easier to find, until I realized that I don't really understand why they would make it available in the first place.  It's not like any members of the general public have problems that can only be solved by the president of the Gloucester Superior Officer's Union.  Perhaps if a misguided and naive individual wanted to report police misconduct, but they would probably be the worst possible people to talk to about it.  It'd be like asking Al Qaeda for a copy of their mailing list, though that probably isn't a fair comparison.  

Travis Long
Esente Music Group
PR Intern

No comments:

Post a Comment