Tuesday, January 29, 2013

What I've Been Up To


The process of finding leads is beginning to pick up for myself, after doing it for several weeks now. For the past couple of days I researched and collected contact information for businesses in Ipswich, Salem and, currently, Beverly Massachusetts. Some may not find this exciting, but I actually enjoy collecting leads for potential clients.

Besides working on the leads daily, I have also been working on another state media list. I was previously working on one for New Hampshire, but then was given Massachusetts. The list for Massachusetts isn’t nearly as long as the NH one I was putting together. Again, I started researching media contacts through USNPL.com. I started looking for various contacts from newspapers throughout Massachusetts. Considering this is similar to looking for leads, I also enjoy compiling the list of master contacts. The new list for MA is a work in progress, but it’s getting there.

On top of researching and collecting leads and working on the state media list for Massachusetts, I have also been working on my anti-bullying posters. I haven’t made any major changes, but minor tweaks that will help make the design look more refined.

Several posters I have mostly completed I have also posted to my art portfolio on Coroflot.com While these ones are just about finished, I have thought of another theme for the posters that will tie 3 separate posters together with the unifying theme. The two posters shown utilize popular Internet imagery, such as memes, in order to gain more attention from the audience. The idea behind this was to play off images many people are familiar with, thus creating more interest from viewers.

Joe Wing
Salem State University
Graphic Design Intern


No comments:

Post a Comment