Thursday, January 31, 2013

Travis' Internship Update


Today at Esente Music Group I managed to improve my leads-average by a small margin. I would have liked it to a be a little higher but as long as progress is being made, I trust that I’ll sleep soundly, having given my best effort in contributing to the success of OnPoint Media.  I am almost done compiling my list of media contacts in the state of Maryland.  It’s a pretty impressive thing to scroll down and see all those names, job titles, phone numbers and email address, still I have to wonder if I forgot something.  Every day I think of a new way to search for information and almost every time it leads me to something I wouldn’t have found any other way, or at least that’s how I like to dramatize it.  It’s like how when you’re looking for Waldo you might have to try, shutting one eye, holding the book at different angles, or putting a hole through it before you nab the elusive transient.

Just before lunch, we had an intern meeting which struck a balance between bleak illustrations of a dystopian economy and political climate and making promises about how the research skills we’re developing will be useful in finding jobs, just a few short months from now. 

Travis Long
Esente Music Group
PR Intern 

No comments:

Post a Comment