Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Robert Skolnik 1/29/13


Robert Skolnik
Esente Music Blog

The main highlight of last week, before I created my blogs, was researching and summarizing articles for the Buzz on Bullying blog website. I found and summarized three great articles, and several days later Amanda posted them on the homepage of the Buzz on Bullying website. Something about putting in the work, then seeing the fruit of my labor (albeit simple) posted on a nationally viewed website for all to see really got me excited. Here is a link to the Buzz on Bullying site where they are featured.
This past Thursday was a very productive day for me at Esente. I started my day doing research, finding leads, for Onpoint. My focus was on a long list of 200-some-odd businesses to research. I was able to obtain 23 useful leads in an hour and a half. After my research on leads I continued my search for media contacts within the Rhode Island area. Again, my focus was on the radio stations in the Rhode Island area. I then began my own personal “Blogger” blog. After setting up my account, I spent some time writing my first entry, which was primarily about my experience so far here at Esente. After lunch I was introduced to two social media accounts associated with the Right Now campaign against bullying. It was then my responsibility to update, post, and tweet items which I found to be of relevance to the pages. In order to fulfill this responsibility I spent the remainder of my day researching the latest news, events, and relevant going-ons in the anti-bullying community. My searches resulted in me posting several items. First, I posted (facebook) and retweeted (twitter) a video of a flashmob which performed at a Vancouver hockey game. The point of the flashmob was to raise awareness about bullying. Following that post, I posted a link on facebook to Pacer Center’s Teens Against Bullying page. I found this webpage to be a fantastic resource for all teens (bullies, victims, bystanders) to visit. It provides useful information and support for victims, as well as bullies, and many links with stories, resources, and words of inspiration for all. My last contribution to the social network sites was a tweet to @willUstand about a video mashup that they are creating, using clips submitted my anyone who wanted to participate, to the song “STAND,” which is referred to as the anti-bullying anthem. Being new to twitter, I was quite surprised and excited to see that within an hour of tweeting to them, they retweeted, favorited, and replied to my tweet; way cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment