Tuesday, January 29, 2013

A day in the life of a PR intern


Robert Skolnik, Esente Music Group PR Intern

Things are starting to pick up in the internship program here at Esente. The day started, as all days at Esente do, with researching leads for Onpoint. I found 18 leads for Real Estate in Salem, MA. As usual, I moved onto continuing my Rhode Island media contact list, nearly finishing up the radio station segment. After daily blogging and lunch things began to pick up. I worked collaboratively with a group of interns to continue work on a video for Becca Levy’s YouTube page, which a smaller team of interns and myself began revisions on about two weeks ago. The main goals for the video are to raise awareness about the severity of bullying and the potential for “bullycide,” or suicide which is prompted by bullying, and to add content to Becca’s YouTube page in order to keep it active and up-to-date for her fans.  In an effort to keep the team on track, I wrote out, with the help and input of team members, a “to-do” list complete with what needed to be done and who was responsible for doing it. I am responsible for editing the text in the video; specifically, shortening the captions about the stories of victims of “bullycide.” This is an exciting project to be a part of, and I am excited for the end result. 

No comments:

Post a Comment