Tuesday, January 22, 2013

First Weeks Reflection

Since I started interning at Esente Music Group, I now have a better understanding of what to expect every day when I come in. Each day at Esente I spend roughly an hour and a half searching leads for a master list of potential clients. Through research I collect business names, contact information and any other relevant information that will help in reaching out to potential clientele. The first two days of interning I helped to gather information on businesses in Reading, Massachusetts. More recently I have been compiling a list for Arlington, MA.

In addition to the leads that I work on each day of interning, I have been working on a master contact list, which compiles numerous contacts in state media. I was assigned New Hampshire. For this, I have been researching contacts of various positions in media and documenting all contact information. Some of these include those who hold positions as various editors and art directors throughout New Hampshire.

Between researching leads and working on a master state media list, I have also been working on posters to promote anti-bullying. I was instructed on the size, layout and theme (anti-bullying prevention/awareness) for these posters, but learned I had overall artistic freedom in creating these designs. Designers love hearing this!

Before I began any design or visuals for at least three posters I researched statistics regarding physical, verbal and cyber bullying. Although statistics are not currently incorporated into all of the posters, it serves as a platform to build upon using design elements.

The first poster I created (seen below) utilizes a statistic on bullying in the center and is incorporated into the images that are also used. I also began working on several others to keep the creative process flowing. For these posters I began utilizing popular images to help convey the messages of anti-bullying in order to attract more interest from viewers. While this is an ongoing project I cannot wait to see what the end result will be.

Joe Wing
Salem State University
Graphic Design Intern

No comments:

Post a Comment