Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Day No1: Juliet

Dear Diary,
My name is Juliet and I am a 25-year-old teenager who studied photography, art history, and printmaking at University of the Arts in Philly, although I spent most of my time illustrating. I began my internship as a graphic designer yesterday at Esente. I knew from the interview that I would have a great time with this internship, and day one proved that to be true. We had a good meeting in the morning with everyone to go over the current projects we were working on, as well as some f the future projects to come. Afterwards, I began working on our required Stop Drunk Driving Now posters. I had a good time bouncing ideas off the other interns. My favorite part about college was being around so many other creative minds that you could draw inspiration from, and I am more than happy to be back in a scenario where that is possible again. Ron has a lot of great marketing ideas and I am excited to be part of his creative process. It was very easy to assimilate to the new environment. This isn't my first internship, but it is the first internship I've had with a company involved in more than just fine artwork. I am very confident in my art skills, so what I am looking for most out of an internship is real-life experience in a creative market where I can be exposed to more than just the visual art aspects of the business, and Esente seems like the best possible place for me to do so! Also, I am sick of living a vampire's schedule working overnights, so this is a good excuse to exhaust myself so I can get some vitamin D and feel like a real human being again...for a few months.
Until next time Diary- Juliet

No comments:

Post a Comment