Tuesday, May 20, 2014

My First Day: The Quest for Country

Zack Barry, PR Intern/Fresh Meat
My name is Zack, and I am will be returning to UMass Amherst in the fall for my Senior year of college! Needless to say I'm pretty excited, but for the moment I'm excited to be joining the talented team at Esente Music Group! I have a love of music that started in my home, and evolved through my involvement in my high school radio station and as an intern for the now (sadly) extinct 101.7 WFNX FM. You'd be hard pressed to find a genre I don't enjoy, but at the moment I'm into reggae and alternative music, particularly bands like UB-40 and the Strokes. A journalism major by name only, Writing articles and walking a beat really doesn't interest me. I plan to enter the public relations field upon graduation and Esente is looking like an excellent place to get some real world experience in my field, all while working with artists from across the country for a good cause. Today I began searching for Vermont-based country artists for a country compilation album that I will be helping to produce. This information gathering and research is a critical skill to have in any job in the public relations field, and it exposes me to great new artists! I'm really looking forward to getting to know all my fellow interns as well as the rest of the staff here at Esente this summer, not to mention exploring downtown Beverly's food scene. I'm a major foodie as well as a music lover so the gathering of restaurants on Cabot Street are just another perk of this new adventure! Stay tuned for more updates, more stories, and some great tunes from Esente this summer. Keep on keepin' on folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment