Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Day 2

It's my second day at Esente, and we've been working away on getting a more complete list of bands from the New England area. Because I have New York City, there's a large amount of country artists in the area. I didn't know that it was such a popular genre in that area, but it is! I've even found some artists that I like, which I think surprised me even more! But regardless, I've found nearly 50 decent bands, which is great because that's just about what the goal is for each area.

Sifting through these bands has been a little difficult because of a few different factors. They need to be good, first and foremost, have a decent repertoire of music, a good fan base (more than 200 or so "likes" on Facebook is how I've been gauging this), and they need to have a solid form of contact information. Some bands have been great, but are no longer together, which is definitely a bummer. But, there have been plenty of bands I've come across that sound great.

Meghan Pierce (Simmons College)
PR Intern

No comments:

Post a Comment