Thursday, May 22, 2014

Making Headway with SEO

It's my second day here at Esente and today we focused on SEO which stands for Search Engine Optimization. I was excited to be doing this activity because I had recently just finished a class called Management Information Systems  at UNH this past semester where I briefly learned about this topic. I thought it was cool that I got to apply a skill I learned about in the classroom to a real life example.  I learned that most company's thrive to be on the first page of a Google search or the top 10 websites. Some company's even pay a lot of money to appear as an Ad at the top of the webpage every time certain words are searched.  However the most popular websites are determined by the amount of users visiting that page. Onpoint is at the top of a web design search in about 20 different local towns so to fit with the rules of Google we had to re write the company's description on all the different landing sites. This project was fun because we got to do our own thing and show our creativity! Its only day 2 and I feel like Esente is already teaching me valuable skills that I can use and apply to real life scenario's.

Until next time!
Melissa Bogel
PR intern

No comments:

Post a Comment