Wednesday, February 19, 2014

All About Social Media

Today is the fourth week of my internship and I can't believe how quickly it has gone by. Yesterday we had a snow storm so none of the interns came in. This was our third day off for snow in the past three weeks.

Because I don't come into the office until later in the afternoon, the other interns filled me in on what I missed in a meeting this morning. Today we will be working on a social media assignment. We needed to identity social media sites, write up how they are used, and classify them. We organized the sites by which were the biggest and then by which sites are best used to promote bands. Additionally, we were assigned to look up bands that use social media and see how they utilize it. To make it easier, we broke it down by site so we each had something to work on. My main social media sites I did research on were Vine and Tumblr, which are also sites I use myself and have apps for on my phone. It's challenging trying to describe something you use in a way that someone who has never used it would understand.

I'm interested to see what else we continue to do with social media, especially as this is something I enjoy doing and consider to be my strong point.

Kayleigh Tansey
PR Intern

No comments:

Post a Comment