Tuesday, May 19, 2015

The Art of Busy Work

I know yesterday introduced you to who I am and why I am doing this but now I face the biggest task: glamorizing the art of busy work. Yes, I said there was an art but I’m not sure if people believe that it goes into companies. I guess this is my spiritual side showing and I have to be a guru in this place.

Yesterday, I had undergone the art of busy work with Kayleigh and Laura as my bosses. For an hour, I familiarized myself with who we would be working with: Right Now Against Bullying, Stop Drunk Driving now, Jayna Lininger, and Omnipoint. This first task, in busy work, gave me a look at what I wanted to know about every company and artist.

I wrote six blogs. The first blog was Esente. Then I wrote three blogs on bullying and three on drunk driving summarizing articles we found online. (We had to make sure we didn’t choose the same articles, of course.)

Finally, I was faced with the busiest task: a semester-long project finding independent contractors that were in need of service for Omnipoint. Aren and I were assigned five cities and we made sure to ask questions that were relevant to what we wanted to accomplish. This lasted for the rest of my day.

Today, we observed a meeting about how the mailing system works and understood the chain of command. I found a key phrase that is pertinent here: If it doesn’t work, you’re throwing spaghetti against the wall.

I have found that interesting especially when working on the contact lists. You keep moving and try to find the end goal even if you can’t always get the best results. It’s good to understand how to work against the obstacles and push forward to complete the final goal.


This goal is almost complete. I know we’re going home early after doing a lot of hard work. It may be busy but we will get through this. I look forward to teaching this to interns soon.

Alex DelGreco (ADG)
Southern New Hampshire University '16
PR Intern

No comments:

Post a Comment