Monday, May 18, 2015

ADG's First Day

What does it mean to truly become esente?

That’s the question I ask myself as I work my first day.  When I look up the Italian word esente, it means free and clear. So far, the only thing that’s clear is the yawns I get from waking up at 5:45am to catch the bus to Malden and go inbound to North Station. The best things in life aren’t always free and it took work to get to where I am. Hence why I had to get a chai tea from Dunkins downstairs before I started my day and was the target of conversation with a man who wanted me to give him money (which I didn’t).  

(Quick advice: if a man approaches you before 8am at North Station and has contradicting stories [i.e. gave $200 to charity then says he got robbed, needs a ticket to South Station for a few bucks then needs $40 to take a bus to Birmingham], it is best to get security.)

Welcome to life in the music industry. A fast-paced revitalizing network that keeps moving where nothing’s handed and I have to work for what I want. And what do I want? A career in this industry. Why? As L. Boogie said, everything is everything.


For the next few minutes, feel free to listen to “Everything is Everything”, the soundtrack for my first blog post.  And listen to The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill, one of the best albums that you will hear in your lifetime. Believe me!

So here’s what you need to know.

The name is Alex. Alex DelGreco, but you can call me ADG. Y’all will know me, by the time I am done with these blog posts I will write.

Fun fact: I found out about this internship through Craigslist. I was sitting with my school’s career counselor and I had stumbled upon this opportunity. It seemed too good to be true and I had no idea what to expect. But I’m sticking this out to see where this opportunity will take me because I believe I am destined for this path and I want to see where this will take me.

I’m a senior at Southern New Hampshire University majoring in Communications.  I am an outgoing self-driven motivated man. I always find myself interested in analyzing data, creating interpersonal relationships, and aiming to please. I am ready to move out to California when I graduate and pursue a career in the music industry.

I have my own Bandcamp: adgofficial.bandcamp.com and I find myself always creating and producing new music I can use. I hope to create an empire I can sustain and build a legacy while bringing awareness to topics people don’t discuss in music.

But that’s just the beginning. I know that’s there more for people to know. I don’t want to give it all away.  Just remember change comes eventually. What is meant to be will be.

Namaste.

Alex DelGreco (ADG)
Southern New Hampshire University '16
PR Intern

No comments:

Post a Comment