Tuesday, July 17, 2012

From the Interns!

The Intern Experience : Maura McGonagle




Though a relatively new intern, I have already gotten some awesome oppportunities that are so unique and fun. Straight off the bat I made anti-drunk driving posters that not only allowed me to be creative, but are going to actually be used to help promote the message. It’s incredible to make something that you know is actually going to be out there and not just hidden in a desk (which as we all know, happens way to often).

So not only am I getting to do art, real art, but I also get to get hands-on experience with the industry. Yesterday I went to a video shoot with the head of the company and a few other interns where we got to watch (and contribute!) to the production process. I had never seen anything quite like it, and was intimidated at first because I didn’t know what to expect. It was so much fun! It was relaxed and everyone was so focused on making sure we got the best we could out of ourselves and our atmosphere. We got to see what a real studio was like, wrote up a script, and got to see the footage on a screen to get a real idea of what the shots would look like.

I can’t express enough how satisfying it is to see your efforts put into something bigger than yourself, and I’m looking forward to what’s next.   

- Maura McGonagle
Graphic Design
http://mauramcgonagle.carbonmade.com



No comments:

Post a Comment