Tuesday, January 28, 2014

First Day at Esente

Today is my first day as a public relations intern at Esente Music Group. My name is Kayleigh and I'm a 5th year senior out of Salem State University. My major is communications with a concentration in advertising and a minor in marketing. Even though it's not my degree concentration, I'm really interested in public relations and am involved in my campus' chapter of PRSSA, which is the Public Relations Student Society of America. Because it's not my concentration, I attend various workshops and conferences trying to learn more about PR so I can be as well-rounded in communications as possible. I'm hoping this internship is exactly what I need to help me expand on this and get some hands-on experience to the inner workings of a company. Outside of academics, I spend most of my free time at the barn. Ever since I was very young, I've been extremely passionate about horses and riding and this has followed be into my adult life. I still ride as much as possible and have even been a riding instructor and competitor in the past. My horse Kate is as spoiled as can be and I enjoy being able to spend as much time with her as I can.

I've spent my time at Esente thus far looking at their various media trying to get a good feel to what it's all about and the type of projects I'll be involved with. I'm looking forward to becoming more immersed in their campaign work and growing professionally through it.

Kayleigh Tansey
Public Relations Intern

No comments:

Post a Comment